Nobel Prize Winners
Nobel Prize Winners: Foundation Volume
This foundation volume in the Nobel Prize Winners series presents detailed accounts of the lives and work of the 566 men, women, and institutions that earned the Nobel Prize from its inception in 1901 through 1986.
Nobel Prize Winners, 1987-1991
Nobel Prize Winners, 1992-1996
This compilation includes such figures as Chris Anderson, editor-in-chief of Wired magazine, Astrophysicist Alan P. Boss, chef and restaurateur David Chang, comic actress Jane Lynch, financial journalist Rick Santelli, singer Taylor Swift, football referee Sarah Thomas, skier Lindsey Vonn and pop sensation Lady Gaga.
Nobel Prize Winners, 1997-2001
Included in this volume are sports figures such as Gilbert Arenas, Cliff Lee and Chad Ochocinco, political figures such as David Axelrod, Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama, and musicians and artists such as Maya Besier and Henry Selick.
Nobel Prize Winners, 2002-2013
This new edition includes brand new coverage of all Nobel Prize winners from 2002 to 2013.
- Related Products
This outstanding series presents detailed accounts of the lives and work of the 876 men, women, and institutions that earned the Nobel Prize from its inception in 1901.
Arranged alphabetically by last name, each informative 1,200 to 2,500-word essay provides abundant information on the Laureate's life and achievements, with special emphasis on the body of work for which the prize was awarded. In addition, a number of recent recipients have contributed autobiographical articles, published exclusively in these volumes.
Each article includes:
- Information on the subject’s early development, family background, education, and other formative influences.
- An account of the work for which the Prize was awarded.
- Critical assessment of the Laureate's contribution to his or her field.
- A photograph of the Laureate.
- A bibliography citing works by and about the Laureate
- Finding information on the Nobel Laureates has never been easier.
- Trace the development of related achievements through cross-referencing of Laureates mentioned in profiles other than their own.
- Consult complete lists of Laureates organized by category and year.
- Find Laureates by country of residence—lists also note nation of birth.
- Select bibliographies of books and articles help you easily find additional reading by and about each Laureate.
Information on the History of the Prize, Founder, and Selection Process:
Nobel Prize Winners includes information on how the Nobel Prize was established, the history of the Nobel Prize and Nobel institutions, and the processes by which Laureates are selected and prizes awarded. You'll also find enlightening the biography of Alfred Nobel, who established the prize.